Secretary Leila de Lima confirmed yesterday that the Department of Justice (DOJ)’s reinvestigation of the Vizconde massacre is zeroing in on a new set of suspects.
“The new suspects are already being hunted down,” she told a press conference.
She said she would meet with investigators both from the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) of Philippine National Police (PNP) and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) next week for an update on the manhunt operations.
“One of them is still in the country by all indications, but has yet to be found,” De Lima revealed, but was quick to clarify that not all those from the previously convicted group of Hubert Webb, who were acquitted by the Supreme Court in December last year, would be spared from the new probe.
“(Having a new set of suspects) doesn’t mean that everybody from the original group is off the hook,” she hinted.
Last Thursday, the DOJ chief confirmed that the passport presented in Webb’s defense was found to be genuine.
Read more at Philippine Star