Here’s the statement of the Communist Party of the Philippines:
- The EDSA people’s power uprising is a historic victory of the people’s democratic resistance against the Marcos dictatorship. It is the product of two decades of struggle. In the end, a broad front of the toiling masses, of urban petty-bourgeois sectors and of anti-Marcos reactionaries emerged united to decisively put an end to the 20 year dictatorship.”
Fuck you guys. You weren’t there!
Here’s the statement of Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (Bayan),
“We commemorate Edsa I not because it represents a heroism that is singularly ascribed to any one person or political color. We commemorate Edsa I because it represents the Filipino people’s dreams and aspirations that have yet to be fulfilled.”
The reason why the color yellow is associated with People Power is because there were no Reds in Edsa during those historic four days!
The only Edsa that you fuckers joined is Edsa 2 and look at how great that turned out for everybody.
All the best,
Here’s a couple of tips so you don’t get left out the next time something exciting happens in this country:
1. You always have to have your ears on the ground because some revolutions happen fast, really fast. Some revolutionaries will not wait for the workers in the countryside to encircle the cities, they just go ahead and do it.
2. Review your decision-making process. The Leninist-Maoist model of “collective” decision-making is not ideal for these fast paced times. Besides everyone knows that yours is an order-taking organization and that “consultative” process you go through is just a shadow play.
Here’s a tip so you don’t end up going to the wrong street party again:
1. Don’t just look at the party favors. It’s more important to first find out who invited you.
2. Don’t hesitate to leave the party if you don’t like the other party guests.
3. Give your own party. Make it fun so people will want to come. That means changing your motif and the party decorations that have been hung out there for 40 years waiting for guests who will never arrive.