Got some creative juices in need of an outlet?
Here’s an interesting contest by the Department of Health, calling for branding of the country’s health care program.
Read more below, then take a crack at marketing health to our fellow Pinoys.
1. The contest is open to Filipinos, 15 years old and above, nationwide.
2. The entry should have a slogan and a corresponding logo design. The slogan should not be more than 10 words, written either in Filipino, English or Taglish.
3. Only digital entries are accepted. Entries must be in vector format or with a resolution of 300 ppi for raster format. The width and height must be at least 700 pixels. Layout may be in landscape or portrait. Use colors that work for both RGB and CMYK mode. Submitted entries may be in PDF, JPEG, PNG, EPS or AI format. Use your name for the filename (e.g. TonyRoda.jpeg).
4. Digital entries should be emailed to [email protected] with the subject “UHC slogan and logo contest.” Participants should write their complete name, address, contact details and explanation of their work in the body of their email.
5. Participants can send as many entries as they like.
6. By entering the competition, the participant declares that the slogan and logo submitted are his/her original work, have not been submitted to any other competition, and do not infringe on any third party’s existing copyrights. All entries automatically become the property of the DOH.
7. The DOH will have exclusive rights to the winning slogan and logo, publish them on its websites and in other media and collateral materials. The DOH reserves the right to make refinements, alterations and improvements on the final artwork of the winning entry.
8. Deadline for submission of entries is on February 4, 2011. Entries beyond this date will no longer be considered.
9. The winner will be announced at the DOH website www.doh.gov.ph and will be notified through email and phone call.
10. The decision of the judges is final, executory and non-appealable. The slogan and the logo will be judged as one. Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Overall concept to represent the purpose and spirit of UHC: 50%
- Originality and uniqueness of the slogan and logo: 25%
- Presentation (e.g. catchy, artistic, technical layout): 25%
11. The winner gets a cash prize of P30,000, a certificate, and a citation in the unveiling of the slogan and logo in a special event sometime in February 2011.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Call the DOH National Center for Health Promotion at (02) 743-8438 or (02) 743-8301 loc 2801 and look for Tony Roda or text 0916-4396555. Participants are also advised to read the DOH Administrative Order No. 2010-0036 otherwise known as “The Aquino Health Agenda: Universal Health Care for All Filipinos” posted in the DOH Website – www.doh.gov.ph for guidance.
Posted with research support from Con Yap.