A Social Contract with the Filipino People: The Platform of Senator Benigno S. “Noynoy” Aquino III
- From a President who tolerates corruption… to a President who is the nation’s first and most determined fighter of corruption.
- From a government that merely conjures economic growth statistics that our people know to be unreal… to a government that prioritizes jobs that empower the people and provide them with opportunities to rise above poverty.
- From relegating education to just one of many concerns… to making education the central strategy for investing in our people, reducing poverty and building national competitiveness.
- From treating health as just another area for political patronage… to recognizing the advancement and protection of public health, which includes responsible parenthood, as key measures of good governance.
- From justice that money and connections can buy… to a truly impartial system of institutions that deliver equal justice to rich or poor.
- From government policies influenced by well-connected private interests… to a leadership that executes all the laws of the land with impartiality and decisiveness.
- From treating the rural economy as just a source of problems… to recognizing farms and rural enterprises as vital to achieving food security and more equitable economic growth, worthy of re-investment for sustained productivity.
- From government anti-poverty programs that instill a dole-out mentality… to well-considered programs that build capacity and create opportunity among the poor and the marginalized in the country.
- From a government that dampens private initiative and enterprise… to a government that creates conditions conducive to the growth and competitiveness of private businesses, big, medium and small.
- From a government that treats its people as an export commodity and a means to earn foreign exchange, disregarding the social cost to Filipino families… to a government that creates jobs at home, so that working abroad will be a choice rather than a necessity; and when its citizens do choose to become OFWs, their welfare and protection will still be the government’s priority.
- From Presidential appointees chosen mainly out of political accommodation… to discerning selection based on integrity, competence and performance in serving the public good.
- From demoralized but dedicated civil servants, military and police personnel destined for failure and frustration due to inadequate operational support… to professional, motivated and energized bureaucracies with adequate means to perform their public service missions.
- From a lack of concern for gender disparities and shortfalls… to the promotion of equal gender opportunity in all spheres of public policies and programs.
Peace and Order
- From a disjointed, short-sighted Mindanao policy that merely reacts to events and incidents… to one that seeks a broadly-supported just peace and will redress decades of neglect of the Moro and other peoples of Mindanao.
- From allowing environmental blight to spoil our cities, where both the rich and the poor bear with congestion and urban decay… to planning alternative, inclusive urban developments where people of varying income levels are integrated in productive, healthy and safe communities.
- From a government obsessed with exploiting the country for immediate gains to the detriment of its environment… to a government that will encourage sustainable use of resources.
[Archived from the official campaign web site of President Benigno S. “Noynoy” Aquino III]